Reproductive healthcare is a critical part of healthcare overall. Yet components of this care, including abortion, are becoming more and more inaccessible to certain parts of the population, worsened by the overturning of Roe vs. Wade. The implications of this decision on access to care, marginalization and inequity are already being seen and causing substantial concern within the medical community.
In this episode, Dr. Erica Bostick chats with Dr. Rachael Phelps, a nationally recognized family planning expert, about the impact of this decision on New York State clinicians and patients. Dr. Phelps offers her expertise and insights into what encompasses reproductive healthcare, and how clinicians can “take the next step” in offering comprehensive, preventative reproductive health services to patients of all ages.
- CDC Medical Eligibility Criteria website: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/mmwr/mec/summary.html
- CDC Medical Eligibility Criteria, PDF Chart: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/pdf/summary-chart-us-medical-eligibility-criteria_508tagged.pdf
- CDC Selected Practice Recommendations website: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/mmwr/spr/summary.html
- CDC MEC & SPR App: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/contraception-app.html
- Society of Family Planning: https://societyfp.org/
- The Turnaway Study: https://www.ansirh.org/research/ongoing/turnaway-study
- Hey Jane Medical Abortion in NY https://www.heyjane.co/home-b
- Plan C Abortion Resource https://www.plancpills.org/